read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SIGMA 6 IS COOL


For sounding like I have a modicum of literary knowledge in my last post on cool comics - I turn the tables on readers again! This time we are pumping up the cool factor of the new G.I. JOE SIGMA 6 cartoon.

Ok if this was a purely American venture then it would get an instant thumbs down, so give whoever at 4Kids or Hasbro that said "Let's get GONZO to do this!" a raise and hope the show retains the excitement of the first episode I have seen.

The team is back, well at least the main characters that had the most personality traits to diferentiate them from the other "greenshirts" - only Tunnel Rat is the surprising character but I guess it makes it a more racially-diverse team - I wonder if Larry Hama has seen it and what he thinks of his character being turned into basically Keyop from the Gatchaman re-styling in 1994.

Don't ask me what the story was about other than it was cool to see Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow back out there on the TV fighting. I did see all the 3D videos that came with the toys in the past year and wonder why they decided to go with a 2D look instead of the 3D look? I guess we can all assume that 3D is for theatrical and 2D can stay on TV which is fine by me!

Just got an advance screener of FINAL FANTASY 7: ADVENT CHILDREN - the next generation CG anime from Japan and will watch it this weekend and tell you all about it then if its as good as it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home