read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Friday, August 19, 2005

GI JOE - NOT BAD!


Damn this is fun! I liked Devil's Due's original run on Joe but this new one written by Joe Casey is pretty darn fun if not a bit more grim and evil. Just by looking at that cover you can tell the Joe's are a bit more battle worn which is a good thing and it has that layer of realism - so much so that I forgot this was a toy line for a minute. How did Hasbro allow this kind of re-working in beyond me.

And lets give it up for the art find of the year Mr. STEFANO CASELLI - stand up and take a bow! Your style totally fits the Joes and gives them an edge that they need - I mean check out this panel of STALKER and STORM SHADOW - that is your incentive to pick up the book, if you don't think that looks cool then nothing will get you to buy it.


All in all with AMERICA'S ELITE #2 - I have to give this Joe a thumbs up and its OK if you want to wait for the trade because it's a double buy for me - singles and trade - its that exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home