read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

YOU ARE IN THE MEGAZONE!


ANN is reporting that a new MEGAZONE 23 is in the works with the character designer that did the first one. Not much else is known now but I thought you should know. The first M23 was the first real anime I ever saw and I loved it...I found the big reveal at the end to have really influenced Alex Proyas when he made DARK CITY.

If you haven't seen it, its a bit tough on the eyes compared to these days, but a kid who finds a transforming bike and uses it to woo a hot chick into bed with him (yes first softcore anime sex for me) and all hell breaks loose - I think Japan in the 80's was really influenced by movies like STREETS OF FIRE because it seems alot of that rebel stuff stems somewhat from that movie. I think they even see it in M23 Part 1. Cannot comment on Parts 2 or 3 as they seemed to be a big difference in terms of art style. Still the concept is sound and hope to find more info soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home