read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Sunday, June 05, 2005

MARK MILLAR IS THE ULTIMATE!


This is the only reason I can tell on a consistent basis why I still read comics and why Mark Millar is the best mainstream writer working today. And the only comic I can push on non-comic readers...

THE ULTIMATES VOL. 2 #6 introduces the ULTIMATE DEFENDERS and its a grand team told in a way that makes the Giffen Justice League seem really outdated in its comedy. If you aren't reading this series you should be, if you are waiting for the trade there is no need, buy both - this is Marvel's only book that can fight back the deluge of great DC product coming out. I don't even want to quote anything to spoil it if you haven't read this issue yet. When we look back at the first decade of the 2000's - this series will be held up alongside the best Marvel runs of all time - like Claremont/Byrne's X-Men, Simonson's Thor and Frank Miller's Daredevil - My highest recommendation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home