read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

WIZARD #165: THE VPG REVIEW


Wizard always reviews comics and other pop culture, so let's review the newest issue of Wizard shall we!

SUPERMAN RETURNS PHOTOS - I guess they had to run these for the 3 kids that haven't seen them yet because their mom won't let them go online.

DEATH TO THE JLA/HOUSE OF M - Now after reading these pieces I think I finally understand the storylines and difference between DC and Marvel's big crossover series - DC's will be good and Marvel's will suck. This is where Bendis gets his bald head handed to him by young whippersnapper Geoff Johns.

TURNER'S PROTEGES - It's starting to look baltantly obvious that Wizard is trying to give both of their biggest advertisers exactly 50/50 split in this issue while peppering in stuff like Michael Turner's copycat posse.

FANTASTIC FOUR SET REPORT - That is funny that Wizard reporter Richard Ho is standing behind that Vancouver personality who used to host those Friday Night Videos...forgot his name, and Ho is looking a bit out of place in that shot.

JIM LEE SKETCHBOOK - more doodles by Jim Lee - now I really am sick of seeing him draw Batman, I want to see him draw like a 12-issue series of SWAMP THING or ARCHIE.

JOSS WHEDON INTERVIEW - I really like ASTONISHING X-MEN but I still cannot stand Buffy or Angel. He cops to doing another 12 issues of Astonishing and some kind of mini series based on S.W.O.R.D. - the E.T. version of S.H.I.E.L.D.

ALEX ROSS' JUSTICE #1 - ooh looks sweet, hope it reads better than some of the old school crap he's been spilling out...but it does look like its going to be a hardcore version fo the Superfriends against the Legion of Doom - an Ultimate-version of CHALLENGE OF THE SUPERFRIENDS! I'm in!

WILDSIDERZ - Sounds good to me, looking forward to this bad boy for sure. Can J. Scott Campbell pull it off? Danger Girl was sold on his art and T&A action - if you read it again now there is nothing else there so will there be here?

and then it just HITS you in the face:
ROB LIEFELD TEACHES YOU TO DRAW!!!!
Man, I never thought I'd see the day when this happens...amazing, you can see him teach you to draw Robin here...oh the humanity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home