read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

SHOULD I CARE ABOUT TOM VS. THE ALIENS?


I really do like Tom Cruise and have seen just about all his films - I loved Jerry Maguire, Last Samurai, Vanilla Sky even Eyes Wide Shut - all great films and great performances by Tom. But this WAR OF THE WORLDS movie is the first time I am totally not interested in seeing a Tom Cruise movie - and I'm a sci-fi fan.

I know Tom and Spielberg did really well with MINORITY REPORT which was another great flick (Well up until the last 10 minutes as usual) but having Tom and Spielberg team on a movie we've already seen re: ID4, Aramageddon, Volcano etc. al. sure they can put their own spin on it but with that little blonde girl in it, and Tom without a gun or a sword it just seems weak.

I am more interested to seee Jonny Depp as Willy Wonka and Michael Bay's The Island than this. But I have this weird feeling ot will be huge - because it is for everyone and this is Tom's first real family movie as he gets older - and Spielberg has his Jurassic Park goggles on for this. We'll see if the FANTASTIC FOUR really needed to move away from this soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kid Z said...

So far, there's nothing substantial that I need to see this summer season. In fact, the only movie on my radar thus far is Serenity, and that's coming out in September. I'll probably have a go with Willy Wonka since it's Depp and Burton, but other than that, it seems like a pretty ho-hum summer.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 3:00:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home