read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

GOD OF WAR - AWESOME!



I know this has been out for a while - but I just started playing it and an hour in I have to say GOD OF WAR is the game of the year! Fantastic characters and design, cool bosses all wrapped around the Greek Heroes and Gods - I just got up to Athens and I see this huge giant guy...I thought those sea monster hydra's were tough...definitely pick up this game which I already think is better than the recent Prince of Persia.- which has the same kind of feel.

Director David Jaffe sits down with EGM with some of his afterthoughts:

From a creative standpoint, I wanted to show Kratos as a character who is very base, very animalistic, and that doesn't just apply to things on the battlefield -- it applies to the bedroom as well. He's almost like the Hulk in a lot of ways; he has a very simple code of ethics and it's all about satisfying his urges. I also thought of the idea from a mechanical standpoint. Kratos is a tortured soul, and if you read his journal in his bedcap, he talks about the women he picked up in Crete and which one kinda reminds him of his [dead] wife. And one of the inspirations for the game was Heavy Metal Magazine -- I love how they mix great fantasy epics with over-the-top sex and violence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home