read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Monday, April 25, 2005

This Week's Haul: ULTIMATE X-MEN #58



Usually I don't like fill-in issues or ones that seem like filler or one's that subtley set up the real stuff that will happen in the next issue - but I have to hand it to BRIAN K. VAUGHAN - probably the hottest writer at Marvel that is still under the radar. I have been enjoying his run on ULTIMATE X-MEN so far - MARK MILLAR's run has been the one to beat, but with this issue I think BKV is setting something up that will really be an intense read. Also I just LOVE seeing Professor X using his powers offensively - he really is the most powerful character in comics...it's a toss up between FLASH and CHARLES as the one that could take out all the other characters the fastest.

Although it may not be the most physically exciting series - if they gave JUBILEE her own series then come on and give is a PROFESSOR X mini-series! And did I also mention that PREACHER artist STEVE DILLON draws this issue? It's great to see his rendition of some of the X-Men albeit briefly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home