read my dirty opinions about toys, comics, movies, tv, video games and anything else that is suffocating our brains today! You know, the stuff that matters!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

JSC'S NEW "MADE TO BE TOYS" COMIC



J. Scott Campbell gives out some more inside secrets on his upcoming WILDSIDERZ comic book series:

Well, it would really be nice to poke through that really thick "Ultimate-Crisis -X-Avengers-Spider-Super-Bat" crust that's always up there and actually penetrate the top 20 with a brand new and exciting creator-owned book. Now, you may say that that's impossible in today’s icon-devouring fan and retailer market, but I remember Danger Girl regularly appearing in the top ten, and I would hope to be able to do it again.
Although he does sound a bit arrogant for having created a comic book version of CHARLIE'S ANGELS I have to admit he is right - if JIM LEE and GEOFF JOHNS and the rest could just channel their energies into their own stuff - and not let it be DIVINE RIGHT 2 - I think the industry would be better off. I do see things like WILDSIDERZ and Marc Silvestri's HUNTER KILLER and Mark Millar's WANTED kind of setting that up but they need the rest to step up - the only problem I see is that most of the creators that would do creator-owned stuff would shy away from superheroes or some kind of costumed adventure story when that is exactly what they should do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marvel superheroes said...

Hi Vegas, I came across your site while doing a search on comic book superheroes. Although you don't have exactly what I'm looking for, your site did provide for quite an interesting read. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Friday, November 11, 2005 12:21:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home